Did you know that the old trusted postal service can also help senior citizens with issuing and submitting their Digital Life Certificate (DLC) or Jeevan Pramaan Patra now?
A senior citizen can use the services of the postal department to obtain and/or submit their life certificate to get their pension in the following ways:
- Visit a post office: Some post offices provide the service of issuing life certificates to pensioners. Visit the official website of India Post (https://www.indiapost.gov.in/) and use the ‘Locate Post Office’ feature to find post offices near you. You can also contact the customer care helpline of India Post to inquire about the nearest post office that provides this service. It is important to note that not all post offices may provide this service, so it is best to check beforehand. Once you have located a post office that provides this service, you can visit it with the necessary documents. You will need your Aadhaar card number, Pension Payment Order, Bank Account Details, and a valid mobile number, to obtain your life certificate.
- Use India Post Payments Bank: India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has launched a doorstep service for pensioners to submit their Digital Life Certificate (DLC) or Jeevan Pramaan Patra. Pensioners can request this service by calling the IPPB call center or by visiting their nearest IPPB branch. The customer care helpline number for India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) is 155299. You can call this number to inquire about the location of the nearest IPPB branch or to request their doorstep service for submitting your Digital Life Certificate. An IPPB representative, which could be a postman, will then visit the pensioner’s home to help them complete the process of submitting their life certificate. This service is especially helpful for pensioners who are unable to visit a bank branch or CSC due to mobility issues or other reasons.
The postal department is trying to find ways of utilising its vast network and this is one way you can use it in its new avatar.
You can also use other ways of generating your Digital Life certificate. These are:
- Aadhaar Seva Kendra: Aadhaar Seva Kendras are centers set up by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to provide various Aadhaar-related services, including the generation of life certificates for pensioners. Pensioners can visit an Aadhaar Seva Kendra with the necessary documents to obtain a life certificate.
- Online and mobile applications: Digital Life Certificates can be generated using UMANG app of the Government of India. The UMANG app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. However, the app requires you to be able to authenticate your biometrics for which a biometric reader is needed.
- Jeevan Praman Centers: Visit the official Jeevan Pramaan website at https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/. On the website, click on the ‘Locate a Centre’ option in the top menu to search for Jeevan Pramaan Centres near you by providing your state and district or PIN Code. Once you have located a Jeevan Pramaan Centre near you, visit it with the necessary documents.
- Bank Branch: You can also visit your pension account branch and submit a physical life certificate. Some banks also provide doorstep service for which you can contact your branch or Relationship manager.
Whatever means you use, please remember that you will need the following documents: Aadhaar card number, Pension Payment Order, Bank Account Details, and a valid mobile number.