Respiratory viruses such as coronavirus, represent continuing global threats to human health. Despite significant advances, much needs to be learned. An emerging theme in coronavirus pathogenesis is that it interacts between specific viral genes and the host immune system. The immune system functions as a key determinant in regulating the disease outcomes.
The immune system is a complex network of cells and proteins that defends the body against infection. The immune system keeps a record of every germ (microbe) it has ever defeated so it can recognize and destroy the microbe quickly if it enters the body again. By itself, the immune system does a remarkable job of defending you against diseases caused by microorganisms such as virus, bacteria, etc. But sometimes it can fail: A bacteria or virus invades successfully and makes you sick. But do you know if it’s possible to intervene in this process and boost your immune system?
- What if you improve your diet?
- Take certain vitamins or herbal preparations?
- Make other lifestyle changes in the hope of producing a near-perfect immune response?
The idea of boosting your immunity is enticing, but the ability to do so is difficult for several reasons. The immune system is not a single entity but — a system. To function well, it requires balance and harmony. Lifestyle changes needed to boost your Immunity includes:
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation.
- Try to minimize stress.
- Don’t smoke.
- Get adequate sleep.
Apart from the above, one can also Increase the Immunity the Healthy Way-
Many pills and herbal supplements claim to “support immunity” or otherwise boost the health of your immune system. Here is a list of herbs that can help you in boosting your immune function:
- Amla is an excellent source of Vitamin C, which helps boost your immunity, metabolism and prevents viral and bacterial infection, including cold and cough.
- Ashwagandha is often known as “Indian ginseng” is a herb known as a fantastic immune booster and superfood.
- Boswellia extracts from the gum resin of Boswellia serrata affect the immune system in different ways. Among the various boswellic acids, acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid (AKBA) has been observed to be active.
- Guduchi is an adaptogenic herb that supports cell health and the immune system.
- Moringa has almost too many benefits to count. Moringa powder is a rich source of plant proteins, fiber, vitamins, iron, and calcium. One of the best moringa benefits is its super immune-boosting powers.
- Pomegranates have been known for hundreds of years for their multiple health benefits, including antimicrobial activity. Nearly every part of the pomegranate plant has been tested for antimicrobial activities, including the fruit juice, peel, arils, flowers, and bark.
- Turmeric, a spice that should be added to your cold and flu prevention regimen! Turmeric is a natural way to help bolster the immune system by increasing the immunomodulation capacity of the body.
Be sure to include these herbs to boost your immunity in the combat against Coronavirus.
Yogic Secrets has researched many plants and come up with the herbal supplements with standardized extracts to target various ailments related to Joint Health, Respiratory Health, Gut Health, Heart Health, Immune Health, etc. To know more, please visit: https://www.yogicsecrets.com/products
Use code- Samarth to get an additional discount.