Wondering how to celebrate this festival season differently? Why not take a trip?
Do you also strongly desire to travel and explore but simultaneously have concerns? Are questions like where to go, what is the best time to go, the pace of the trip and special requirements stopping you from travelling?
At Samarth, we bring these joys and benefits to our community of seniors who believe that travel is no longer about tight itineraries, endless queues, and adrenaline rushes. We have taken a more mindful approach to travel: one that allows you to experience, savour, explore, connect, or perhaps just relax at the pace that works best for you, and responds to your requirements with customised plans. You even have the option of a dedicated, resourceful travelling companion to take charge and ensure the all-around attention that you have come to expect from Samarth.
Here are Samarth’s suggestions of places to travel to as an older adult in the coming festive months!
SEPTEMBER- LEH AND LADAKH
September is the best month to visit, Ladakh, alternately known as a Mountain Desert. Samarth encourages seniors to explore a land with high mountains, surreal barrenness and starkness of terrain.
Exciting senior-friendly things to do in Leh & Ladakh:
- Visit the Indus River camp and Choglamsar, a crafting training institute
- Have a curated Ladakhi lunch and have a picnic
- See old city sights like the Stok palace museum in Leh
- Visit the holy Alchi and Lamayuru monasteries
- Take a day trip to Khardung la
This October, visit one of the world’s oldest living cities. Varanasi, also known as Kashi, named after the famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple, attracts seniors for its evening aartis, colourful bazaars, and darshan of Ganga.
Be a part of the beautiful traditions and customs of spiritual pilgrimage, Vedic chanting, and classical music, and explore temple architecture and street drama.
When in Varanasi you must:
- Enjoy delicious Satvik vegetarian meals and special thali on a rooftop accompanied by classical music.
- Take a boat ride in the morning to greet the dawn on Ganga and a sunset boat tour to see the majestic evening Ganga Aarti.
- Walk along the Kashi Vishwanath. Bazaar
- Visit the Sarnath and explore the ruins of the Buddhist Dhameka Stupa
From national wildlife parks to historical havelis, Rajasthan is your one-stop destination for it all! Culture and nature come together when we talk about Shekhawati and Ranthambore.
Shekhawati‘s havelis are adorned with colourful frescoes and intricate carvings, making for a fascinating cultural experience. You can even stay at a restored haveli dated back to the 19th century.
The highlights of the trip to Shekhawati include:
- See the famous frescoes in Churi Ajitgarh which date back to the 18th century.
- Admire Fatehpur’s best-restored haveli.
- Visit the old step walls and cenotaphs from British rule.
- Savour delicious traditional Rajasthani dishes.
- Walk through Mandawa’s charming bylanes.
- Explore Nawalgarh, a heritage city which is considered the jewel in Shekhawati’s crown. With its many havelis and frescos, it attracts art and architecture lovers. Nawalgarh Fort is also a prime attraction along with many temples.
If this is not for you, embrace Indian wildlife and natural scenic beauty in Ranthambore! Let this November be about nature! Our nature lovers out there would not only get to see the Indian tigers but also the conical hills of the Aravalis, the pure sands of Dhok, interspersed with grasslands at the plateaus, meadows in valleys and luxuriant foliage around the canals.
The highlights of the trip to Ranthambore include:
- A premium accommodation inspired by the opulent royal caravans ensures fond memories of Ranthambore.
- Relaxed, cosy, spacious and clean settings with a wonderful view outside.
- The afternoon Safari – see migratory birds and wildlife ranging from Sambar deer, Indian gazelles, Blue bulls, spotted deer, langur monkeys, sloth bears, and leopards to famous tigers.
- Breathtaking views.
DECEMBER – GOA
A getaway to Goa is the perfect choice for the relaxation of your mind and body. Take a leisurely walk in the morning or sleep in, eat an early breakfast or a lazy brunch, head out to explore the beach or get in touch with yourself, and do it all at your own pace! Along with that visit the old Portuguese churches and monuments and consume the most delicious food.
Don’t miss out on:
- The Latin quarter in Panjim.
- The Basilica of Bom Jesus, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Bondla wildlife sanctuary, a lush botanical garden and a miniature zoo.
- The beaches and backwaters.
- Yummy food!
We encourage our seniors gripped by wanderlust to end their year with Samarth’s senior-friendly tours that can be customisable according to your pace, needs and interests. Click here to contact us and plan your trip today!