One of the best anonymous quotes about travel that is often heard is ‘adventure may hurt you, but monotony will kill you.’
Research suggests that travel has many benefits, both physical as well as mental health-wise. Seniors can benefit when they get away from the monotony, see new places, meet people, and keep themselves engaged through a stimulating activity.
Once the travel bug bites seniors, it can keep them smitten for quite some time, unless of course, any specific health issues forbidding them to travel. All the travels can also give them a lot of stories and experiences to share with their family and friends.
Join Samarth Community₹100 per month (payable annually)
Use Coupon 50NOW to avail 50% off on subscription
Join Now >
- Travelling keeps the mind active – Visiting new places, meeting new people, finding things to do, learning how to go to the new places, etc. can help you keep your mind quite active.
- It revives you – Once retired, there is an excellent chance that monotony sets in. It is entirely possible that you get set into a routine, either on your own or with your family. This is where the tours can help you revive yourself.
- It relaxes you – Travel relaxes you like nothing else as when you travel, you are away from all the day to day issues, and personal and social pressures.
- You get some ‘Me Time’ – Finding some time for oneself is very important. When you travel, either alone or as a couple, you get to spend some time on your own, just being together or doing things you love.
- You can explore your purpose – Going on pilgrimages can make you quite happy and help you to explore your spiritual side.
- It is a good workout – Mostly, when you travel, you may choose to walk around the place, exploring and finding things to do. This is a good workout for your body.
- It is a way to get away from harsh climates – Seniors can travel anytime during the year to get away from the severe cold or the blistering summer heat, to places where they are more comfortable.
- You may find some new hobby – It is quite possible that you pick up some new hobby for yourself, based on your experiences. For example, it is possible that you go for a hike, a bike, ski or a balloon ride, etc. and find that you actually like it a lot.
In short, the benefits of travel are many. However, when you start planning, you may find some challenges. Notably, for the seniors who are not traveling along with their families, there is a challenge of finding the right tour operator- a trustworthy one, and one who understands the senior needs and helps you plan in that way. There aren’t many such around to choose from. This is where Samarth comes in with a mission to make a difference. As a community that was started exclusively for seniors, the founders of Samarth, under which the senior tours are operated, fully understand what it takes.
The Samarth senior tours have been well thought out for the seniors and tailor-made to suit their needs. The most important things that seniors are worried about while traveling like convenience, safety and security, health and such matters are entirely taken care of. The tours are designed for people who may want to travel within India or abroad as well. The tours cover a wide range of places that range from adventure, explorations, pilgrimage, shopping, and various other activities. In fact, the presence of a care manager itself can make such tours a really delightful experience for seniors and hence, worth exploring.
Leave a Reply