One of the best anonymous quotes about travel that is often heard is ‘Adventure may hurt you, but monotony will kill you.’
Research suggests that travel has many benefits, both physical as well as mental health-wise. Seniors can benefit when they get away from the monotony, see new places, meet people, and keep themselves engaged through stimulating activities.
Once the travel bug bites seniors, it can keep them smitten for quite some time, unless of course, any specific health issues forbidding them to travel. All the travels can also give them a lot of stories and experiences to share with their family and friends.
- Travelling keeps the mind active – Visiting new places, meeting new people, finding things to do, learning how to go to new places, etc. can help you keep your mind quite active.
- It revives you – Once retired, there is an excellent chance that monotony sets in. It is entirely possible that you get set into a routine, either on your own or with your family. This is where the tours can help you revive yourself.
- It relaxes you – Travel relaxes you like nothing else as when you travel, you are away from all the day-to-day issues, and personal and social pressures.
- You get some ‘Me Time’ – Finding some time for oneself is very important. When you travel, either alone or as a couple, you get to spend some time on your own, just being together or doing things you love.
- You can explore your purpose – Going on pilgrimages can make you quite happy and help you to explore your spiritual side.
- It is a good workout – Mostly when you travel, you may choose to walk around the place, exploring and finding things to do. This is a good workout for your body.
- It is a way to get away from harsh climates – Seniors can travel anytime during the year to get away from the severe cold or the blistering summer heat, to places where they are more comfortable.
- You may find some new hobby – It is quite possible that you pick up some new hobby for yourself, based on your experiences. For example, it is possible that you go for a hike, a bike, ski or a balloon ride, etc. and find that you actually like it a lot.
In short, the benefits of travel are many. However, when you start planning, you may find some challenges. Notably, for the seniors who are not travelling along with their families, there is a challenge of finding the right tour operator- a trustworthy one, and one who understands the senior needs and helps you plan in that way. There aren’t many such around to choose from. This is where Samarth comes in with a mission to make a difference. As a community that was started exclusively for seniors, the founders of Samarth, under which the senior tours are operated, fully understand what it takes.
At Samarth, we bring the joys and benefits of travel to our community of seniors who believe that trips are no longer about tight itineraries, endless queues, and adrenaline rushes. We have taken a more mindful approach to travel: one that allows you to experience, savour, explore, connect, or perhaps just relax at the pace that works best for you, and responds to your requirements. All Samarth Tours are fully customisable in terms of dates, duration, and itinerary; senior-friendly in choice of accommodation, transport, food, and support; thoughtfully designed and safe and caring with the option of a dedicated, resourceful travelling companion to take charge and ensure the all-around attention that you have come to expect from Samarth. Click here to learn more.